|Break the STIGMA......
We have no problem thinking that Brain Cancer = Hospitalization.
And, we can agree that Mental Illness = A Cancer* of the Brain.
*Definition of Cancer: 2.any evil condition or thing that spreads destructively; blight. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Cancer)
So why do we have an issue with Mental Illness = Hospitalization?
Don't be afraid to save a friend or son/daughter. We can't provide specific doctor or hospital recommendations but we can give you information to help you make a decision on how to get help.
|There is a lot of useful information and resources to help you --- someone suffering from depression or a friend/family member. Here is a list of organizations and information that we found useful.
- NEW LINKS
- https://adlerhealth.com/mental-illness/depression/ Informative article on Depression from California based treatment center.
- https://www.umassglobal.edu/news-and-events/blog/guide-to-eating-disorders Excellent resource about Eating Disordes.
- https://www.zocdoc.com/blog/preventing-self-harm-in-teens-a-guide-for-appropriate-intervention/ Intervention guide for Teen Self Harm.
- https://study.com/resources/mental-health-strategies-for-teens#0111. Mental health strategies for Teens.
- https://study.com/resources/teen-mental-health-for-parents#0111. Parent guide to Teen Mental health.
- https://ivypanda.com/blog/tips-for-a-student-mom Useful tips for student moms, young and old.
- https://idahorecoverycenter.com/the-timeline-of-alcohol-withdrawal/ Insight in Alcohol Withdrawal and recovery.
- https://www.socialworkdegrees.org/104-bipoc-mental-health-resources Health Resources focused on Black, Indiginous and People of Color.
- https://alcoholrehabhelp.org/resources/college-students-alcohol/ Article on Alcohol abuse in College Students.
- https://mastersinsocialworkonline.org/resources/mental-health-resources/ List of online mental health rescources for teens and adults.
- https://www.addictiongroup.org/addiction/teens/ Excellent resrouce on Teen Drug and Alcohol use and addictiion.
- https://alcoholawareness.org/ Alcohol if one of the most abused drugs at all ages. Awareness is key.
- https://www.tuluahealth.com/mental-disorders/depression/ Discussion of various types of Depresion and Treatment options.
- https://magnoliacitydetox.com/blog/trouble-sleeping-without-alcohol-breaking-dependence/Article on sleep and alcohol dependence issues.
- https://telstoneiop.com/anger-and-addiction-how-are-they-related/ Excellent srticle on the connections between anger and addiction.
- https://startyourrecovery.org Website providing compelling personal stories and treatment resources.
- https://www.fingerprintforsuccess.com/blog/depression-at-work Symptoms and solutions for Depression at work.
- https://cascobayrecovery.com/programs/young-adult-rehab/ Young Adult recovery center in Portland OR
- https://healthyliferecovery.com/parents-guide-for-addicted-loved-one/ Guide for Parents with an Addicted Child.
- https://www.bicyclehealth.com/blog/opioid-use-disorder-suicide Article on linkage between Opiod use and Suicide.
- https://www.recoveryohio.org/blog/ Ohio based treatment center with current information on Addiction, Opiods and much more.
- https://westwindrecovery.com/addiction-treatment-therapy-programs-los-angeles/virtual-reality-meditation-therapy-los-angeles/ Use of Virtual Reality in treatment.
- https://study.com/resources/college-student-mental-health-guide#0110 Extensive mental health guide for college students.
- https://sanalakebwc.com/resources/addiction-and-suicide/ Discussion of the links between Addiction and Suicide.
- https://www.discoverynj.org/signs-and-symptoms-of-generalized-anxiety-disorder/ Discussion of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
- https://www.harmonyridgerecovery.com/passive-suicidal-ideation/ Excellent article on Suicidal Ideation.
- https://www.recoveryohio.org Ohio based recovery and addiction treatment center.
- https://lunarecovery.com/insight-and-tips-for-the-healing-journey/ Insightful article on the Journey to wellness.
- https://www.broadbandsearch.net/blog/cyber-bullying-statistics Informative statistics on Cyber Bullying.
- https://achievewellnessrecovery.com/resources/ New Jersey rehabilitation center and information on addiction.
- https://kingswayrecovery.com/rehab-resources/children-of-addicts/ Insights on the impact of parental addictiion on children.
- https://www.newdirectionsforwomen.org/understanding-borderline-personality-disorder-in-teenage-girls/ Borderline Personality Disorder in Teens.
- https://www.newmethodwellness.com/addiction-treatment-centers/best-rehab-centers-in-california/ Help finding treatment centers in California.
- https://www.chaptersrecoverycenter.com/treatment/dual-diagnosis/depression/ Article on links between Addiction and Depression.
- https://www.ireviews.com/best-schools-for-students-with-a-learning-disability/ Advice on best schools for students with learning disabilities.
- https://nomatterwhatrecovery.com/alcohol-awareness-month/ Discussion of various forms of alcholism and related issues.
- https://socalmentalhealth.com/smartphone-addiction-self-test/ Insight into Smart Phone Addiction issues.
- https://pacificbeachhealth.com/top-tips-for-parents/ Tips for parents on Behavior Issues with Teens.
- https://www.infinitydish.com/blog/internet-safety-tips-teenagers/ Helpful tips for parents on Internet Safety for Teens.
- https://www.rehab.com This site provides a map based access to treatment centers in the US.
- https://www.blueprintsforrecovery.com/resources/drugs-and-alcohol/ Detailed article on dangers of mixing Drugs and Alcohol.
- https://livefreerecoverynh.com/understanding-the-difference-between-addiction-and-dependence/# Article on Drug Addiction and Dependency.
- https://www.sleep.org/sleep-hygiene/all-nighters-and-health/ Informative article on negative impacts of 'All Nighters'.
- https://definingwellness.com/resources/social-drinking-vs-binge-drinking/ Article on the differences between Social and Binge drinking.
- https://www.bluecrestrc.com/dealing-with-peer-pressure/ The challenges of Peer Pressure are explored.
- https://www.wikihow.com/Nourish-Your-Mental-Health-Daily Creative site on simple ways to improve your mental outlook.
- https://amfmtreatment.com/types-of-anxiety-disorders/ A review of types of Anxiety Disorders.
- https://enhancehealthgroup.com/covid-19-pandemic-effect-on-teen-adolescent-mental-health/ The Impact of the Pandemic on Teens.
- https://www.criminalattorneycincinnati.com/news/talking-to-teens-about-drugs-and-alcohol-a-guide-for-parents/ Talking to Teens about addiction.
- https://coastaldetox.com/teenagers-and-drugs-how-to-confront-your-child-about-their-addiction/ Confronting Teens about addictiion.
- https://study.com/resources/mental-health-strategies-for-teens#0117 Mental Health Strategies for Teens and High School Students.
- https://socialmediavictims.org/social-media-addiction/ Compelling information for Teens and Parents on Social Media Addiction.
- https://www.northernillinoisrecovery.com/ In Patient and Out Patient recovery services in Norther Illinois.
- https://irishealing.com/neurofeedback-therapy-guide/ Learn about Neurofeedback Therapy here.
- https://www.raleighrealtyhomes.com/blog/effects-of-moving-on-childrens-and-teens-mental-health.html Impacts of Moving on Teens.
- https://www.cablecompare.com/blog/children-and-screen-time. Teens and Screen Time - benefits and risks.
- https://healthmatch.io/insomnia Discussion of Insomnia and it's impact on Mental Health.
- https://collegeeducated.com/resources/health-wellness-and-resilience/ Mental Health resouces for College Students.
- https://compass-recovery.com/adderall-guide/ A discussion of Adderall and it's impacts on Mental Health.
- https://brookshealingcenter.com/social-anxiety-disorder/ Article on Linkages between Social Anxiety Disorder and Addiction.
- https://bridgingthegaps.com/connection-between-addiction-and-suicide/ Article on connections between Addiction and Suicide.
- https://northjerseyrecovery.com/resources/ Addiction and recovery resources in North New Nersey.
- https://www.arkbh.com/blog/signs-drinking-too-much/ Risks and Signs of Alcohol Dependancy.
- https://www.freerehabcenters.net Search support for Free Rehabilitation Centers.
- https://freebythesea.com/addiction-resources/ Washington State rehab center.
- https://nldetox.com/inpatient-treatment-for-addiction-disorders/ Orange County based Detox and Treatment centeer.
- https://www.pinnaclepeakrecovery.com/drug-alcohol-addiction-support-groups/ Nation wide substance addiction support groups.
- https://harmonyplace.com Los Angeles County CA based rehab center.
- https://alcoholrehabhelp.org/resources/teenagers-alcoholism/ Teens and alcohol abuse article with Rehabilition centers nation wide.
- https://safesoundtreatment.com/addictive-personality-facts-fiction/ Orange County CA based rehab facilities and article on Addictive Personality Traits.
- https://www.asinglemother.org Useful resources for Teen Mothers as well as others, as motherhood adds to mental health challenges.
- https://www.addictionrehabcenters.com Indianapolis IN Addiction and Alcohol Rehab Center.
- https://www.stayhonest.org/guide/substance-abuse-and-cannabis-usage-supporting-and-affirming-the-lgbtq-community-and-youth/ Excellent article on linkages between the LGBTQ Community and Substance Abuse and Cannibis communities.
- https://rrtampa.com/treatment-programs/family-program/ Tampa Florida based treatment center.
- https://www.goodrx.com/womens-health/mental-health-guide-for-teens Mental Health information for Teens.
- https://www.alcohol.org/alcoholism/alcohol-suicide/ Thorough review of links between alcoholim and suicide.
- https://delphihealthgroup.com Resource for locating in and out patient mental health and addiction services in the US.
- https://seatup.com/blog/mental-health/ In depth review of the treatment of mental helth in Media, now and in the past.
- https://insidebedroom.com/sleep-statistics/ Excellent statistics and discussion of critical issue of Sleep!
- https://greenhillrecovery.com/drug-use-in-young-adults/ Article on dangers and signs of Drug Use in Young Adults
- https://techbootcamps.utexas.edu/blog/digital-resources-for-mental-health-at-all-ages/ Digital resources for Mental Health for all ages
- https://www.blueprintsforrecovery.com/signs-of-addiction-spot-the-danger/ Thorough review of stages of Addiction
- https://www.graniterecoverycenters.com/alcohol-abuse/binge-drinking/ Informative article on Binge Drinking and alcohol abuse signs.
- https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/social-security-disability/can-you-get-disability-for-mental-illness.html Legal Resources for mental health financial assistance.
- https://alcoholrehabhelp.org/addiction/ Extensive information on Alcohol addiction and recovery options.
- https://northjerseyrecovery.com/resources/ Inormation for addiction recovery resources in New Jersey.
- https://www.addictiongroup.org Addiction Group is a web based resource on substance and alcohol abuse disorders.
- https://ampelisrecovery.com/heal-the-addicted-brain/ Information on brain addiction chemistry and programs to heal.
- https://irishealing.com/anxiety-and-addiction/ Comprehensive discussion of the links between anxiety and addition.
- https://socialworklicensemap.com/social-work-resources/mental-health-resources-list/. Mental Health Resources for Mental health Issues
- https://www.onlinetherapy.com/addiction-counseling/family-resource/ Online resources for Therapy for many types of Addiction
- https://www.blueprintsforrecovery.com/resources/drugs-and-alcohol/ Thorough article on Dangers of mixing Alcohol and Drugs
- https://jflowershealth.com/8-dimensions-of-wellness/ Online Testand Worksheet on the 8 Dimensions of Wellness
- https://addictionintervention.com/blog/ Useful resources and addiction treatment across mush of the US.
- https://bedrockrecoverycenter.com/ A Detox/Treatment Facility and resources in Massachusetts.
- https://www.helpadvisor.com/conditions/salud-mental-de-los-hispanos This Spanish Text website provides useful mental health resources in Spanish. And english version is available at:https://www.helpadvisor.com/conditions/latino-mental-health
- https://socalsunrisemh.com/what-is-self-harm-signs-and-causes/ Informative site on Self Harm and Treatment Options
- https://www.alcoholhelp.com/treatment/outpatient-rehab/ Resource for understanding and treating Alcohol Addiction
- https://addictionrehabtreatment.com/drugs/illicit-drugs/ Informative resource on Illicit Drug use and Treatment Options
- https://nursinglicensemap.com/blog/how-to-talk-to-teens-about-performance-enhancing-substances/ Informative article abouut Teens and Perforrmance Enhancing Substances
- https://custom-writing.org/blog/mindfulness-for-students Helpful techniques to improve Mindfulness
- https://www.onlinemswprograms.com/resources/social-issues/resources-addiction-and-recovery/ Extensive list of online resources for addressing Substance Abuse, Addiction and recovery
- https://www.verizon.com/info/family/managing-screen-time/ Helpful advice for Parents to help manage Teen use of Social Media.
- https://www.sunshinebehavioralhealth.com/dir/ This site provides links to various addiction treatment sites across the US.
- https://irishealing.com/trauma-informed-care-addiction/ Information about a treatment philosophy and treatment center.
- https://www.addictionresource.net/ A useful resource to locate Treatment Centers for Drug and Alcohol addiction.
- https://www.baker.edu/about/get-to-know-us/blog/student-resources-for-maintaining-mental-health-in-college A recent article on helping students maintain mental health in college.
- https://jflowershealth.com/signs-of-teen-drug-use Excellent resource for Parents to understand Teen Drug and Alcohol use.
- https://www.detoxlocal.com Detox local provides information on Sustance Abuse and Resources across the US to help with recovery from addiction.
- https://www.addictiongroup.org/treatment/options/outpatient/ Addiction Group provides helpful and reliable online information on Substance Use Disorder treatment options.
- https://knowyourdna.com/guides/can-a-dna-test-predict-addiction/ Know your DNA provides advice and insight on the role of DNA in predicting addiction tendncies.
- https://www.addictionresource.net/ A useful resource for finding Addiction Treatment Facilities across the US.
- https://recoveringchampions.com/about/ A world class Addictiion Treatment Facility on Cape Cod.
- https://damorementalhealth.com/teenage-suicide/ Mental Health Treatment Facility with an excellent article on Teen Suicide.
- https://socalsunrise.com/substance-abuse-and-suicide/ Excellent site discussing the connections between Substance Abuse and Suicide.
- https://www.onlineschoolsreport.com/college-student-mental-health/ Critical information for maintaining Mental Health for College Students - including best Study Apps, and help finding mental health resources when needed.
- https://www.quitalcohol.com/recovery/aa-proven-effective-abstinence.html Useful information on Alcohol Addiction and Treatment.
- https://amfmtreatment.com/types-of-anxiety-disorders/ A thourough review of Anxiety disorders and treatments.
- https://www.singlecare.com/blog/preventing-teen-prescription-misuse/ This article provides useful information on the dangers and prevention of Teen Prescription misuse.
- https://drugrehabus.org/ A useful tool for finding Substance Used Disorder Treatment facilities and options.
- https://alcoholrehabhelp.org/addiction/ This site, like the one below, provides substantial information on addiction treatment options.
- https://www.addictiongroup.org/treatment/Thorough discussion of available treatment options and modalities for substance and alcohol abuse.
- https://www.kolmac.com/a-guide-to-common-mental-health-issues-in-teenagers/ A useful site with updated information on Teen Mental Illness.
- https://choicemutual.com/suicide-prevention/ A useful site with numerous links to additional sources of information on Suicide and Suicide Prevention.
- https://www.rehabspot.com/treatment/co-occurring-disorders/suicide/ Treatment options and information about links between Suicide and Substance abuse.
- https://www.thesimpledollar.com/financial-wellness/how-to-pay-for-addiction-treatment/ Financial Information on costs and means to finance addiction treatment.
- https://bestsleephealth.com/better-sleep/ Guide to improving sleep habits and positively impacting Mental Health.
- https://scottsdalerecovery.com/resources/ Several "Family Addiction" resources for Teens and their Parents.
- https://online.rider.edu/online-bachelors-degrees/allied-health/understanding-effects-diet-on-mental-health/ Reviews the impacts of Diet on Mental Health.
- https://www.abbeycarefoundation.com/alcohol-demotivator/ An easy to use tool to understand the true costs and risks of Alcohol.
- https://www.wgu.edu/blog/stress-college-students-2019-how-to-cope1902.html#openSubscriberModal Provides a tutorial on various types of stress, and positive suggestions for dealing with the stress that essentially all college students face.
- https://www.detox.com/ Detox.com is a network of addiction treatment facilities that provide drug and alcohol detox, support, and comprehensive substance abuse treatment services to the individuals and families struggling with addiction.
- https://www.willowspringsrecovery.com/ An accredited inpatient rehab that is dedicated to detoxing and treating people that struggle with drug and alcohol addiction.
- https://www.arrowpassage.com/mental-illness-facts/ Discover the Facts About the Most Common Mental Health Issues and Their Impacts.
- https://addictionresource.com/parents-and-educators/ A Guide for Parents and Educators on Teen Alcohol and Druge Additiction.
- https://vapingdaily.com/smoking-effects/young-adults/ An up to date Guide on Teen Vaping Use and Risks.
- https://americanaddictioncenters.org/ American Addition Centers mission is to provide quality, compassionate, and innovative care to those struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- https://www.drugrehabconnections.com/ The Drug Rehab Connections community is made up of those who want to help and give back.
- https://www.fiscaltiger.com/mental-health-and-addiction-recovery-resources/ Helpfulresource for navigating the challengs of paying for mental health care.
- https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/college-planning-with-psychiatric-disabilities/ Helpful information for assessing and selecting colleges for students with depression, or other mental illnesses.
- https://www.detoxrehabs.net/ Useful information to assess the need for treatment of mental health issues.
- https://www.palmerlakerecovery.com/resources/teen-mental-health/ This recovery center and their website provides parent help with navigating the challenges of teen Mental Health and addition.
- https://family-intervention.com/ Family First Intervention provides resources for families dealing with Alcohol or Drug addition, with Intervention help and treatment advice and options.
- Helping a Friend or Family Member with Depression or Bipolar Disorder Self explanatory resource on helping those with mental health issues.
Addiction and the Adopted Child: A Look at the Links Adoption presents additional issues with mental health and addiction.
Trusted Counsel: Does Your Tween Need Therapy? Always a challenge to know whether it's 'just a phase', or your child needs help from a mental health professional.
- https://www.healthsoul.com This resource provides a directory to help select health care providers across the US
- https://online.maryville.edu/online-bachelors-degrees/psychology/mental-health-resources-teenagers/ This site provides useful information for Teens and Adults on Mental health as well as potential careers in the mental health profession.
- www.AddictionCenter.com/addiction/Addiction-and-Suicide This site provides useful information as well as treatment centers for the links between Addiction and Suicide.
- http://www.mdedge.com/clinicalpsychiatrynews/article/153229/pediatrics/self-harm-rise-us-among-girls-aged-10-14 This well written article provides the latest statistics on self-harm (commonly referred to as 'cutting') in young girls. The trend is NOT encouraging on this critical issue, which can, at times, be related to Suicidal tendancies. For additional information on this topic, please see www.adolescentselfinjuryfoundation.org
- http://www.bestcolleges.com/features/best-colleges-for-lgbt-students/ Given that many depressed and suicidal teens are struggling with sexual orientation, the attached list may be of help in deciding where to go to college.
- https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/drug-addiction/drugs-and-suicide/ Excellent article, recent statistics, and help!
- These links are for those in the UK needing help with addition - often linked to Suicidal Tendancies
- USA National Sites And State Specific Sites
Active Minds is the only organization working to utilize the student voice to change the conversation about mental health on college campuses. They develop and support chapters of a student-run mental health awareness, education, and advocacy group on campuses. The organization works to increase students' awareness of mental health issues, provide information and resources regarding mental health and mental illness, encourage students to seek help as soon as it is needed, and serve as a liason between students and the mental health community.
Leading national non-profit organization dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research and education, and to reaching out to people with mood disorders and those impacted by suicide.
SPEAK promotes the prevention of youth suicide and works to dispel the social stigma surrounding suicide and depression through a campaign of education and awareness at the community level.
AAS is a leader in the advancement of scientific and programmatic efforts in suicide prevention through research, education and training, the development of standards and resources, and survivor support services.
The Adolescent Self Injury Foundation (ASIF) is dedicated to raising awareness and helping teens and their families deal with this debilitating 'coping mechanism', whereby cutting and other forms of self injury (burns, etc) are used by teens and others to help 'deal with' all the stresses and emotional pains they are feeling. Teens who cut are also considered more likely to commit suicide.
The Suicide Prevention Action Network USA (SPAN USA) is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to preventing suicide through public education and awareness, community action and federal, state and local grassroots advocacy.
Get Smart About Drugs https://www.getsmartaboutdrugs.com/ A DEA resource for parents, teens and educators aimed at providing information about drug use and how to help prevent it.
Substance Abuse Guide for Parents https://www.drugrehab.com/guides/parents - A wealth of information for parents about drug abuse, how to recognize symptoms, and how to provide help should their child become addicted.
http://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/suicide-prevention/ - an excellent resource on Suicide Prevention!
http://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/top-5-mental-health-problems-facing-college-students/ This guide helps to identify the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues for college students and where and when to seek help.
Morningside Drug Rehab Centers, dedicated to achieving lasting alcohol & drug addiction recovery and mental health rehabilitation, provide drug dependency treatment facilities in Southern California for women and men who need a rehab center
for drug addiction; who are currently evaluating all choices and best options for treatment centers for dual-addictions disorders; or who immediately require treatment, rehabilitation and recovery from alcohol addiction; or therapy for mental illness. The list of resources on their website is a significant additional resource list!
The mission of Rehab Info is to edcuate visitors through research-based, expert written content. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive information about addiction, treatment options and the path to full recovery. Our website is an excellent supplement to include with the SAMHSA Treatment Facility Locator (http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/). The Facility Locator is the most comprehensive database of treatment providers available but does not provide answers for many of the practical questions that individuals and families have during this critical process.
- Hospice Caring, Inc. in Maryland (www.hospicecaring.org)
To provide caring, compassionate, practical and high quality non-medical support services, without charge, to every Montgomery County adult or child who is facing a life-threatening illness or is grieving the death of a family member or loved one. Hospice Caring community outreach is provided by a network of trained and screened volunteers and staff who respond to the needs of families facing a terminal illness or grieving the death of a family member or loved one. Hospice Caring provides personal, compassionate and practical non-medical support to any adult or child during this time of crisis. Hospice Caring services are provided to all patients and family members free of charge.
Provides pertinent information related to Minnesota Alcohol Abuse Rehab Programs and Resources that can help anyone who wants a solid solution to their alcohol abuse woes.
Provides useful information on dealing with all forms of Drug and Alcohol Addiction.
Provides information for those seeking Health Resources and Apps to help deal with Addiction.
Provides pertinent information related to Minnesota Addiction Treatment Centers and also further guide everyone about the risks brought by addictive prescription drugs.
Provides a very thorough list of resources on the topic of Suicide.
Each month, the Lifeline Network serves over 45,000 callers who are in emotional distress. You can reach the Lifeline by dialing 1-800-273-8255. Although suicide prevention is the primary mission, people call the Lifeline for many reasons:
|information on suicide
|information on mental health/illness
||sexual orientation issues
|to help a friend of loved one
Suicide Hotlines for all 50 states!
Washington, DC Hotline (http://suicidehotlines.com/distcolum.html)
|Books on Teen Depression and Suicide
Just a Normal Tuesday by Kim Turrisi
Help ME by Donna M Zadunajsky
An Empty Chair: Living in the Wake of a Sibling's Suicide by Sara Swan Miller
A Relentless Hope: Surviving the Storm of Teen Depression by Gary E. Nelson
Aftershock: Help, Hope, and Healing in the Wake of Suicide by Arrington Cox, Candy David, David Cox, and Candy Arrington
Before Their Time: Adult Children's Experiences of Parental Suicide by Mary Stimming
But I Didn't Say Goodbye: For parents and professionals helping child suicide survivors by Barbara Rubel
Crisis: 40 Stories Revealing the Personal, Social, and Religious Pain and Trauma of Growing Up Gay in America by Mitchell Gold and Mindy Drucker
Crossing 13 by Carrie Stark Hugus
Do They Have Bad Days in Heaven?: Surviving the Suicide Loss of a Sibling by Michelle Linn-Gust
Dying to Be Free: A Healing Guide for Families After a Suicide by Beverly Cobain and Jean Larch
Frequently Asked Questions About Suicide (Faq: Teen Life) by Sandra Giddens
Guiding Your Child Through Grief by Mary Ann Emswiler
Healing After the Suicide of A Loved One by Ann Smolin, John Guinan
Hello Cruel World: 101 Alternatives to Suicide for Teens, Freaks and Other Outlaws by Kate Bornstein and Sara Quin
Helping Your Troubled Teen: Learn to Recognize, Understand, and Address the Destructive Behavior of Today's Teens and Preteens by Cynthia S Kaplan, Blaise Aguirre, and Michael Rater
History of Suicide: Voluntary Death in Western Culture (Medicine and Culture) by George Minois, Lydia Cochrane (translator)
In the Wake of Suicide: Stories of the People Left Behind by Victoria Alexander
My Feet Aren't Ugly!: A Girl's Guide to Loving Herself from the Inside Out by Debra Beck and Maggie Anthony
My Son...My Son: A Guide to Healing After a Suicide in the Family by Iris Bolton and Curtis Mitchell
Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide by Kay Redfield Jamison
No One Saw My Pain: Why Teens Kill Themselves by Andrew E. Slaand Lili Frank Garfinkel
No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving The Suicide Of A Loved One by Carla Fine
One in Thirteen: The Silent Epidemic of Teen Suicide by Jessica Portner
Our Forever Angel: Surviving the Loss of a Loved One to Suicide by Barb Scholz
Out of the Darkness: Teens Talk About Suicide by Marion Crook
Power to Prevent Suicide: A Guide for Teens by Richard E. Nelosn, Ph.D.
Recognize risk factors in teen suicide attempters: presence of psychiatric illness, preparedness for the suicidal act increase patient's likelihood of ... [Article: Clinical Psychiatry News) by Michele G. Sullivan
Sanity and Grace: A Journey of Suicide, Survival and Strength by Judy Collins
Stormy weather: this fall the CDC reported the greatest spike in the number of teen suicides in 15 years. What does this mean for gay youths? (The national gay & lesbian newsmagazine) by Tim Murphy
Suicide by Emile Durkheim, George Simpson, John A. Spaulding, G. Simpson, J. Spaulding
Suicide Information for Teens: Health Tips about Suicide Causes and Prevention, Including Facts about Depression, Hopelessness, Risk Factors, Getting Help (Teen Health Series) by Ed. Shannon and Joyce
Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford
Suicide Wise: Taking Steps Against Teen Suicide (Teen Issues) by Nicole B. Sperekas
Suicide: Knowing When Your Teen Is at Risk by T. Mitchel Anthony
Teen Suicide by Janet Kolehmainen and Sandra Handwerk
Teen Suicide (At Issue Series) by Emily Schusterbauer
Teen Suicide (Perspectives on Mental Health) by Judith Peacock
Teen Suicide Be A Survivor (journal) by Provided Kansas Suicide Prevention Committee
Teen suicide prevention for schools and communities by Dave Opalewski
Teen Suicide: How and Where to Do Research and Find Information on by Robert D. Reed
Teen Suicide: Victims of Crime Prevention Manual by Snohomish County Deputy Sheriffs' Association
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens Personal Workbook by Sean Covey
The Grieving Teen : A Guide for Teenagers and Their Friends by Helen Fitzgerald
The Power to Prevent Suicide: A Guide for Teens Helping Teens by Richard E., Ph.D. Nelson, Judith C. Galas, Pamela Espeland, and Bev Cobain
The Silent Cry: Teen Suicide and Self-Destructive Behaviors by Joan Esherick
Trying to Remember, Forced to Forget (My Father's Suicide) by Judy Raphael Kletter
Understanding Teenage Depression: A Guide to Diagnosis, Treatment, and Management by Dr. Maureen Empfield and Nicholas Bakalar
When Nothing Matters Anymore: A Survival Guide for Depressed Teens by Bev Cobain, Peter S. Jensen, and Elizabeth Verdick
When to Worry: How to Tell If Your Teen Needs Help-And What to Do About It by Lisa Boesky
Writing on the Wall by Christopher Cleary